Pass the Advil

Sunday, 9 April 2017 08:28 pm
insanityoutlet: (limecat)
[personal profile] insanityoutlet
I went to IKEA. On a Saturday. So many little people. I went to get bookcases, but while there found Media Center (ish) combo that they had put together that I realised would solve a lot of problems. It had a list of items from different systems so you too could put together this lovely combination.
In these Look What We Came Up With situations, you track down a staff member, give them the number of the combo, and they hand you a piece of paper with all the parts and where to find them. Easy right? Yeah, remember the Saturday part? So we took a look at what was there and attempted to put it together ourselves. After about three quarters of an hour, we were very confused and finally able to track down a staff member. It took him another fifteen minutes to figure out how to print out our list.
We hadn't done too badly.. but as we were gathering stuff we noticed that a good chunk of this list didn't make any sense... so I trucked back upstairs, took a second look, and tracked down a staffer from the actual area. She printed me out a different list.
Back down to self server. We put back a few things, and pick up the right ones. Gathered up the Billy bookcases we'd actually come for, plus a couple of impulse buys (the DVD shelves were on sale), managed to get through the cash, and ran for the nearest fast food outlet because Fuck You, My Fitness Pal, four hours in IKEA and I have earned an order of A&W Onion rings.
Home, and we begin the Great IKEA Assembly. Three bookcases, a dvd shelf, a non billy shelf, a corner shelf, and the Media Center.
Turns out whoever made up that list was smoking the Ivar. I felt like Blind Al. Nothing made any sense. So today, I leave the kids dealing with sorting and rearranging, and i go back to IKEA with a bunch of hardware I do not need, and a list of hardware that wasn't included on the list. If I'd been more alert, I might have realised that perhaps hinges might be needed for a cupboard door, but hey.
Staff at the returns desk were awesome.
I now have a very sexy media cupboard set up. It's all so tidy.

May 2020

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627 282930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Saturday, 29 August 2026 09:38 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios